I like these posts because I can share odds and ends from my life organized in groups of three.
Here we go!
Three songs that tickle my ears:
Haim – The Wire
I never use bomb as an adjective but this song is BOMB. I appreciate that Haim is an all-sister band.
Mowgli’s – San Francisco
I think I can forgive the gratuitous apostrophe in this band’s name because the song is so happy. BTW, check out this adorable print on Etsy:
Eric Paslay – Friday Night
This song makes me giddy and reminds me of David.
Three quotes from Lean In:
- “Done is better than perfect.”
This has been my carefully-applied mantra at work. It is great for people who lean toward perfectionism….but still need to get things crossed off the To Do List.
- “Success and likeability are positively correlated for men and negatively for women. When a man is successful, he is liked by both men and women. When a woman is successful, people of both genders like her less.”
This fact and the studies that back it up astounded me. Imagine me reading, grimacing, and crying “Whyyyyy?”
- “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
Always a good question. This book made me think a lot — about my own tendencies, my view of myself, how we view men/women, and how I think about the future. I know many people had issues with this book, but I liked reading about her experiences and the research of factors that affect women in the workplace.
Three things that made me LOL:
Three things on my kitchen bucket list:
- Roast a chicken. I know this is supposed to be sooo easy but I never think to do it. Mind you, I am not a fan of raw bird meat or bones or giblets. This Chipotle-Lime version caught my eye.
- Perfect a few cake decorating techniques like roses.
- Bake really good bread. I’ve only made quick breads. I fail at the yeasty kind.
Three things I can’t stop making in the kitchen:
- Pineapple Cashew Stir Fry – I think I’ve made it four times already.
- Norwegian or Swedish pancakes – I have been using this recipe.
- Quesadillas – I like this cheeseburger version, but David and my favorite has been ground beef, Rotel, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.
Well, I’m out of things. Time to post and relax with the husby!
Have a great night!